- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON –Genre U.K. movie festival FrightFest is expanding into theatrical distribution here in a joint venture with Wild Bunch.
The partners plan to distribute horror genre movies using distributor eOne under the banner FrightFest Features and will kickstart the venture with Federico Zampaglione’s Shadow.
The Italian tale of terror and torment details the story of a soldier returning from a tour of duty in Iran who finds himself trapped in a lost Nazi experiment camp in a remote part of the Alps.
FrightFest Features will mark its distribution debut with Shadowat the end of April and will also release the movie on DVD and Blu-ray in May.
FrightFest’s Alan Jones commented: “FrightFest has an enviable international reputation for discovering major new talent, which Federico Zampaglione and Shadow exemplify. We couldn’t be more delighted that Wild Bunch is joining us in bringing them to a wider and appreciative audience”.
Wild Bunch co-founder Alain De Mata added: “Having followed and been greatly impressed by the year-on-year growth of FrightFest festivals, both in London and in Glasgow as well, Wild Bunch is honoured to join forces with the pre-eminent purveyors of the finest horror cinema in the U.K. in what we feel to be a perfect, unholy alliance.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day