- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sharpen your swords and break out the pineapple and watermelon.
Ahead of this weekend’s release of The Angry Birds Movie comes news of another mobile game app getting the feature film treatment: Fruit Ninja.
Tripp Vinson will produce the movie under his Vinson Films production banner. J.P. Lavin and Chad Damiani, who recently adapted an equally out-there concept, How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack, will pen the script for Fruit Ninja.
Vinson has partnered with Halfbrick Studios for what is intended to be a live-action family comedy based on the popular game that centers on ninjas with an inexplicable vendetta against produce. Fruit Ninja is the second-highest-selling iOS game of all time, with over 1 billion downloads.
Sam White and Tara Farney are serving as executive producers.
Lavin and Damiani penned the Black List script Kamikaze Love. Garden Gnome Attack, based on the 2010 book by Chuck Sambuchino, is being developed for Robert Zemeckis’ ImageMovers and Sony Animation.
Vinson is repped by WME. Lavin and Damiani are repped by Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day