- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“You want to take down The Syndicate? It’s impossible.” Thankfully, impossible missions is what Tom Cruise‘s IMF does best, as the first trailer for Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation demonstrates, complete with over-the-top stunts and a cast list that also includes Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg.
The full trailer debuted Monday, following Sunday’s release of a shorter version featuring much of the same footage. In both cuts, the audience is introduced to “The Syndicate,” the rogue nation of the movie’s title and something helpfully described by Pegg’s character as “an anti-IMF.” In addition to this new threat to world security is Alec Baldwin, playing a character looking to dismantle the IMF for political purposes — although, really, what are the odds that he’s also working with The Syndicate in some way or another?
Co-written by Will Staples and Iron Man 3‘s Drew Pearce, Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation is directed by Christopher McQuarrie, who previously directed Cruise in 2012’s Jack Reacher. Rebecca Ferguson and Ving Rhames also star, with the latter reprising his role of Luther Stickell, the only character besides Cruise’s Ethan Hunt to appear in all M:I movies so far.
Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation will be released July 31.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day