- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Carice van Houten, now onscreen in DreamWorks’ The Fifth Estate, has joined the cast of Incarnate, the Blumhouse Productions supernatural thriller starring Aaron Eckhart.
Brad Peyton is directing the microbudget pic, which tells of an unconventional exorcist (Eckhart), with the ability to tap into the subconscious of the possessed, who meets his match when a 9-year-old boy is possessed by a demon from his past.
Van Houten will play the boy’s mother.
PHOTOS: ‘Game of Thrones” Most Gruesome Deaths: From Robert Baratheon to the Red Wedding
Catalina Sandino Moreno is already in the cast of the picture being produced by Jason Blum. Exec producing are Blumhouse’s Couper Samuelson, Stuart Ford, Charles Layton, Michael Seitzman, Trevor Engelson and Peyton.
Blumhouse International is overseeing additional foreign sales and will present the movie at AFM.
Van Houten, who also has appeared in movies such as Intruders and Valkyrie, was a key member of the Game of Thrones cast, playing the manipulative god of light worshipper Melisandre.
She is is repped by CAA, Troika and Nummer19 in the Netherlands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day