- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mayfair Equity Partners has completed a majority investment in Pixomondo, the VFX house behind the Emmy-winning HBO series Game of Thrones and the Oscar-winning 2011 film Hugo. The companies on Tuesday reported that the deal, which values Pixomondo at $65 million, will support R&D in machine learning and artificial intelligence to advance VFX work.
Pixomondo founder Thilo Kuther will continue to lead the business in his role as CEO and executive producer.
The company was founded in 2001 in Frankfurt, Germany. Today, it additionally has bases in Los Angeles; Vancouver; Toronto; Stuttgart, Germany; Shanghai; and Beijing, with roughly 550 full-time employees who produce VFX for features, TV, theme parks and advertising.
“I am delighted to partner with Mayfair for the next stage of the Pixomondo journey,” Kuther said in a statement. ‘We have so much to do to fulfill our potential. I am excited to have found a partner that is focused on supporting us by investing in our people and our technology.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day