- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gary Oldman, whose Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is opening this weekend to some of the best reviews of the year, is in negotiations to board Criminal, a thriller from Millennium Films.
Kevin Costner is starring in the movie, which centers on a dead CIA operative’s memories, secrets and skills that are implanted into a dangerous prison inmate in hopes that he will stop a diabolical plot.
If a deal makes, Oldman would play a CIA chief.
Ariel Vromen, who wrote and directed The Iceman, is directing Criminal. Douglas Cook and David Weisberg wrote the script.
Producing are Chris Bender, J.C. Spink, and Matt O’Toole. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, Mark Gill, John Thompson, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Christine Crowe, Jake Weiner, and Jason Bloom (phew!) are executive producing.
Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman and Jason Bloom are exec producing.
Oldman also appeared in this year’s Robocop remake and has Child 44, a Soviet-era thriller with Tom Hardy and Joel Kinnaman, in the can.
He is repped by APA and manager Douglas Urbanski.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day