- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The French entertainment giant on Tuesday announced it has struck a three-year deal with Francois Ivernel’s London-based banner Montebello Productions, covering both film and TV productions.
Prior to forming Montebello in 2013, Ivernel was a senior exec at Pathe, managing director of its joint venture with Gaumont, Les Cinemas Gaumont Pathe, and president of Pathe U.K. His exec producer credits during this time include titles such as Slumdog Millionaire, The Queen, 127 Hours, The Iron Lady, Philomena, Mandela and Girl with a Pearl Earring, earning a total of 12 Oscars, 37 nominations and one Palme d’Or.
“We are thrilled about this new agreement with Francois Ivernel,” said Sidonie Dumas, CEO of Gaumont. “His company has many very promising ideas for series and movies.”
Added Ivernel: “Gaumont combines stability and dynamism. They are hugely successful in the production and distribution of French films and international TV series. Their ambition to expand further in English-speaking film and high-end European TV series makes them the perfect partner for Montebello.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day