- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smith is introduced as Henry Brogan, an assassin who’s suddenly being targeted by someone who can seemingly predict his every move. That someone, as it turns out, is a younger version of Brogan.
However, thanks to innovative de-aging CGI, the two characters are noticeably different.
“I think I know why he’s as good as you,” Smith’s co-star Mary Elizabeth Winstead tells the aging Brogan. “He is you.”
Set to a slowed-down, distorted version of “Forever Young,” the action-packed trailer forecasts the impending battle between the two men.
“We have to end this right now,” the older Brogan tells his younger counterpart, after saying that “they” — who appears to be a man named Clay Verris played by Clive Owen — cloned him because “there’s never been anybody like me.”
Benedict Wong also stars in the movie, which hits theaters Oct. 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day