- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gemma Chan, who starred on AMC’s Humans, has joined Brie Larson in Captain Marvel, Marvel Studios’ latest big-budget feature that is set to begin shooting next month, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Mississippi Grind directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are helming the project that is set in the 1990s and tells of Carol Danvers (Larson), an Air Force pilot whose DNA fuses with that of an alien, sending her headlong into an intergalactic adventure.
The movie is Marvel’s first female-fronted superhero effort.
Chan will play Captain Minnerva, a geneticist from the alien race Kree. She is one of Marvel’s antagonists in the comics.
Chan, who is repped by UTA and Independent Talent Group in the U.K., will next be seen in Crazy Rich Asians, Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the novel by Kevin Kwan, and previously appeared in Transformers: The Last Knight.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day