- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Gemma Chan is ready for more Marvel Studios.
Chan is in talks to join Marvel’s The Eternals, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The Captain Marvel and Crazy Rich Asians star will join a cast that includes Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek and Kumail Nanjiani.
Barry Keoghan, known for Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk and HBO’s Chernobyl, is also joining The Eternals, THR has confirmed.
Chloe Zhao is directing the superhero adventure project, based on the 1976 comic book series created by Jack Kirby. The heroes got a dusting off in the 2000s by author Neil Gaiman. The project features the superpowered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous offshoot known as the Deviants that were created by cosmic beings known as Celestials.
At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, it was revealed that Jolie would play Thena, an Eternal that has has super strength, speed and stamina. As previously reported, Madden will be playing Ikaris and Hayek will play Ajak.
The isn’t the first Marvel movie for Chan, who was recently seen in the Brie Larsen-starrer Captain Marvel, where she played Minn-Erva. It is unclear whether the part Chan will be playing in The Eternals will be that of her Captain Marvel role or a different character.
The Eternals is set to hit theaters Nov. 6, 2020.
Aug. 5, 2:56 p.m. Updated to include the casting of Barry Keoghan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day