- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the March 27 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The lure of working with Lost in Translation collaborators Sofia Coppola and Bill Murray has proved too powerful to resist for the likes of George Clooney, Amy Poehler, Miley Cyrus and Maya Rudolph, who, like Murray, will play themselves — with some even singing carols — on a Coppola-directed 2015 Christmas project.
Sources say a deal still is being worked out for distribution on the special, which follows the notoriously agent- and manager-less actor as he evades the advances of a shark dying to sign him. Angelenos will relish a subtler cameo: Sunset Tower host Dmitri Dmitrov missed a few nights at the Tower Bar recently to play the role of valet to Murray, who in his SNL days frequented L.A.’s Diaghilev, Dmitrov’s former home.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight