- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
George Lopez will be spreading holiday cheer while catching a killer wave in Aloha Santa.
Lopez was cast as the lead in the Infinite Entertainment Now film that follows a newly appointed Santa Claus who accidentally crashes in Hawaii during a test flight just days before Christmas and has to figure out a way back home.
Aloha Santa will be directed by Jonathan Yudis, who also co-wrote the film with Mike Davis and Just Friends scribe Adam Davis.
Jamie Foxx is one of the film’s executive producers, along with The Hangover producer J.C. Spink.
Production on the movie is set to start in December on Maui.
Lopez recently was seen in the feel-good film Spare Parts, in which he played a robotics expert. He also is acting as a producer on the feature-film adaptation of the animated TV show about everyone’s favorite fast-moving rodent, Speedy Gonzales.
The comedian also is poised to star in and executive produce Lopez, a semiautobiographical, single-camera sitcom for TV Land.
Lopez is repped by UTA, 3 Arts Entertainment and Rohner Walerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day