- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alejandro G. Inarritu’s survival Western has sold more than 1.5 million tickets for a cume of around $15.1 million to date in Germany.
Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens held on to No. 2 with another $2.6 million for a current gross of $112.0 million in Germany.
But it was German kids film Bibi & Tina — Girls vs. Boys that topped the admissions figures for the frame, selling 370,000 tickets during its opening weekend, compared to 335,000 for Revenant and 205,000 for Force Awakens.
Lower ticket prices for children, however, meant the Detlev Buck-directed feature finished third in terms of revenue with $2.55 million, but that was still enough to give the third installment in the Bibi & Tina franchise its most successful start to date.
Creed finished out the top five with a $692,000 haul in its second weekend. Ryan Coogler’s Rocky reboot has earned around $2.5 million in the territory to date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day