- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This is basically the same trailer that made its way online in recent days, minus a few cuts to make it non-redband (unlike Europeans, Americans apparently still can’t handle nudity or blood in their advertisements). Columbia has the David Fincher-directed adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s bestseller hitting theaters in December.
STORY: Sony Removes its ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Trailer From the Web
The trailer certainly gets the message across about the horror and depravity in the story, and the cover of Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song” from Fincher’s Social Network composer Trent Reznor and Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs sets the mood nicely. I do wish the cuts were a little slower so we could dwell on the grimness of each shot a little longer. But the final buildup to the facade of that snowy mansion — and all the nastiness inside it — is wonderfully chilling.
Check it out:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day