- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A teaser for Nicolas Cage‘s Ghost Rider sequel was released in the summer, but now, the full theatrical trailer has hit the web.
Unlike the original, which didn’t reveal any of the backstory needed to understand Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, this one lays it all out.
When Spirit of Vengeance begins, Johnny Blaze aka Ghost Rider (Cage) is hiding out in Eastern Europe and he is called upon to stop the “darkest” devil (Ciaran Hinds), who is trying to take human form. Johnny is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the devil and at first he is reluctant fully invest as the Ghost Rider, but it’s the only way to protect the boy.
“I’m not afraid of you,” says the girl. “Well, you should be,” Cage replies.
Written by Scott M. Gimple, Seth Hoffman and David S. Goyer and directed by Mark Nelvedine and Brian Taylor, the PG-13 Spirit of Vengeance hits theaters Feb. 17. Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth co-star in Columbia’s 3D action-adventure.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day