- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One of the big question marks fans had about the upcoming Ghost in the Shell adaptation is how the filmmakers would handle one of its most iconic scenes — which shows the protagonist Major on an assassination mission while apparently nude (she isn’t actually).
In the anime, it’s revealed Major (played by Scarlett Johansson in the big screen adaptation) may appear to be nude, but she’s actually wearing a thermoptic suit, which turns her invisible.
Ahead of Sunday’s release of the first trailer, Paramount has given the first glimpse of Johansson in the thermoptic suit.
“We’re not actually trying to pretend she’s naked,” producer Ari Arad told IGN. “The suit emulates some of the ideas of the panel lines. When you see it the movie you’re not meant to think that that she’s naked.”
Here’s a shot from the original:
Ghost in the Shell is set for release on March 31, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day