- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dan Aykroyd has officially been seen in the new Ghostbusters reboot.
Aykroyd’s cameo was used for a TV spot in the U.K. for the upcoming Sony film.
Although he wrote and starred in the original, it seems Aykroyd does not make an appearance as Ray Stantz in Paul Feig’s female-led supernatural comedy-action pic.
Over the holiday weekend, Aykroyd — who is listed as an executive producer on the new film — wrote on Facebook that he saw a test screening of the movie, which stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth, and he enjoyed it.
“Apart from brilliant, genuine performances from the cast both female and male, it has more laughs and more scares than the first 2 films plus Bill Murray is in it!” wrote Aykroyd, who has a financial stake in the new movie. “As one of millions of man-fans and Ray Stantz, I’m paying to see that and bringing all my friends!”
In the U.S., two full trailers for Ghostbusters have been released. See Aykroyd’s full endorsement and watch his cameo below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day