- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Tribeca Film Festival
‘Our Son’ Review: Luke Evans and Billy Porter Turn a Gay Divorce and Custody Battle Into Same Old Same Old
Cynthia Erivo Opens Up About Filming Pivotal ‘Wicked’ Scene: “My Heart Broke Open and Tears Fell”
Eva Longoria Credits ‘Desperate Housewives’ As Her “Film School” Years Before Directing ‘Flamin’ Hot’
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’ Trumps Spidey at Friday Box Office
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Co-Director Kemp Powers on Last-Minute Cameos and That Twisty Cliffhanger