- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Chu, whose G.I. Joe: Retaliation opens in March, has lined up his next gig.
The director is in negotiations to direct Matched, Disney’s adaptation of Ally Condie’s futuristic YA novel. Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot are producing via their Offspring Entertainment shingle.
Set in a future society where people are told what to read, what to watch, what to believe and who to love, the story centers on a young woman who rejects an arranged romance and chooses her own path.
Michelle and Kieran Mulroney (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) wrote the script.
David Slade was at one point circling the project, but a deal never was consummated.
Chu previously worked with Shankman and Gibgot when he directed Step Up 2: The Streets and Step Up 3D and is known for his musical and dance leanings. That background is expected to come into play with Retaliation, with spots for the movie showcasing a nimbly choreographed sequence featuring ninjas fighting while swinging off a cliff.
Chu is repped by WME, Principato Young Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day