- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
G.I. Joe: Retaliation is back in action, with a new international trailer revealing more footage from the much-awaited sequel.
The new footage from director Jon Chu’s sequel to the 2009 hit G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra gives a closer look at the evil plot involving the take over of the U.S. government as well as banter between co-stars Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Bruce Willis.
In May, just over a month before its scheduled June 29 release, Paramount moved Retaliation to March 29, 2013, with the studio citing a decision to convert the film to 3D.
But THR reported at the time that studio insiders were concerned with other issues, including the poor performance of Universal’s Battleship (also based on a Hasbro toy line) and a desire to expand the role of Channing Tatum, who was killed in the original version. His character could potentially be resurrected by the time the film hits theaters.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation also stars Adrianne Palicki and Jonathan Price.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
West Side Story