- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — French actor Gilles Lellouche will investigate a career stateside with the Gallic star set for a role in Guy Ritchie‘s Sherlock Holmes 2, Lellouche’s rep confirmed Friday in Paris.
Lellouche will share the big screen with Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams among the all-star cast in the sequel about the famous detective.
Millennium star Noomi Rapace will also star as a French gypsy in the story with a Gallic twist.
“I’m thrilled, and I’ll play a nice bad guy,” Lellouche said in Paris on Friday morning of his first major Hollywood role, though no more details of his character have been announced.
Lellouche currently stars in Guillaume Canet‘s Little White Lies, already a box office hit in Gaul, and in Fred Cavaye‘s A Bout Portant which will hit Gallic theaters on Dec. 1.
Despite Hollywood’s calling, Lellouche still has big plans in his home territory and is hard at work on the screenplay for Le Jour J (D-Day).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day