- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gina Carano and John Hannah have boarded the apocalyptic action pic Scorched Earth, now shooting in Vancouver for Brightlight Pictures and Lighthouse Pictures.
The indie portrays a planet that has re-established society generations after an environmental collapse killed billions of people. Deadpool star Carano plays the role of Gage, a bounty hunter who learns that there might be more to life than just survival.
Hannah is Doc, Gage’s mentor and closest confidante. Peter Howitt (Sliding Doors) is directing the indie, which also stars Dean S. Jagger and Ryan Robbins.
Bobby Mort and Kevin Leslie wrote the script for Scorched Earth. Shawn Williamson of Brightlight Pictures and Daniel Zirilli of Pop Art Film Factory will executive produce, alongside producers Kevin Leeson, Jamie Goehring and Kevin Leslie of Lighthouse Pictures.
Lighthouse Pictures packaged the film and Great Point Media financed it. Howitt is represented by Pacific Artists.
Carano is represented by Gersh and The Syndicate. Hannah is represented by ARG Talent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards