- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The series will debut on Disney’s streaming service Disney+, which is set to bow next year.
Jon Favreau wrote the series and is executive producing along with Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson and Dave Filoni. Filoni will also direct episodes, along with Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa and Deborah Chow.
Character details are buried deep in the desert wastes of Tatooine, but the company’s synopsis is thus: “After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”
Carano is the MMA star turned actress who starred in Steven Soderbergh’s Haywire and appeared in Fast & Furious 6 and Deadpool. She is repped by Gersh, The Syndicate and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day