- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez will star in a live-action feature adaption of popular ‘90s franchise Carmen Sandiego for Netflix.
Starting as an educational computer game series and later adapted as an animated series, Carmen Sandiego centers on the globe-trotting thief that is the nemesis of the ACME detection agency.
Rodriguez will also produce via her I Can and I Will productions. It was previously announced that Rodriguez is attached to voice star in a rebooted Carmen Sandiego animated series for the streamer that is set to debut next year.
Kevin Misher and Caroline Fraser will also produce. Andy Berman of Misher films will exec produce.
Rodriguez can currently be seen in the fourth season of critically acclaimed CW series Jane the Virgin, and is in theaters with Alex Garland’s Annihilation. Up next for Rodriguez is Netflix rom-com Someone Great, which will go in front of cameras in May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day