- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DC Entertainment is releasing graphic novels in print and digitally based on Stieg Larsson‘s Millennium trilogy.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will be released by the company’s Vertigo imprint in 2012, with sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire following in 2013 and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest in 2014.
No writers or artists have been revealed.
The announcement comes ahead of the the Frankfurt Book Fair and New York Comic-Con.
“The intricate characters and stories Larsson created in the Millennium Trilogy are a perfect match for the graphic novel format, where we can bring Lisbeth Salander to life in entirely new, visually compelling ways,” says Dan DiDio, co-publishers of DC Entertainment. “It’s a distinct honor to work on a story that is already so popular with millions of readers around the world.”
PHOTOS: Top 10 Sleeper Hits
“Stieg always liked comics and it will be exciting to see the unforgettable characters he created come to life on the comics page,” says Stieg’s brother Joakim Larsson.
More than 17 million copies of the three books have been sold in the U.S. alone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day