- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indie distributor GKIDS has acquired North American distribution rights for the adult-targeted animated feature Another Day of Life, which will get a theatrical release during 2019.
Directed by Raúl De La Fuente and Damian Nenow, this animated look at the chaos of war is based on author and journalist Ryszard Kapu?ci?ski’s book of the same name. It tells of the outbreak of civil war following Angola’s independence from Portugal in 1975. Against all advice, Kapu?ci?ski drives into the heart of the conflict to find the isolated rebel leader Farrusco. The film intercuts animation with interviews and archival footage.
Another Day of Life was an official selection of the 2018 Cannes Film Festival and has received accolades including the San Sebastien IFF audience award, the Goya Award for best animated film and the European Film Award for best animated film. GKIDS’ president David Jesteadt said the feature “brings Kapu?ci?ski’s writing to visceral life, in a thrilling story of a journalist’s obligations during war.”
The film’s rights are being sold worldwide by Indie Sales, and the all-rights deal for North America was negotiated by GKIDS’ CEO and founder Eric Beckman and Nicolas Eschbach for Indie Sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day