- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Noah Baumbach’s While We’re Young will have its European premiere at the Glasgow Film Festival.
The Frances Ha writer-director’s Toronto-premiering dramedy, starring Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried, will open the 11th edition of the emerging Scottish event on Feb. 18, long before the film launches across the U.K. on April 3.
Other highlights of the festival’s lineup include the U.K. premiere of Still Alice, for which Julianne Moore has already won a Golden Globe and is in the running for best actress honors at both the Oscars and BAFTAs. By the time the festival starts, attendees will already know whether it scooped Moore the BAFTA award on Feb. 8.
A new addition to the 2015 festival, which is being spread across 20 venues, is its first-feature award, the audience award. Attendees will get to vote on a selection of 10 films by first- and second-time directors.
The festival will close on March 1 with the U.K. premiere of Force Majeure, Ruben Ostlund’s Cannes Jury Prize-winning family drama that was among the surprise omissions from the Academy Awards final shortlist of nominees in the best foreign-language film category.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show