- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In what is being described as the first time a Netflix film will have a theatrical release with the U.K.’s biggest exhibitors, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery will be heading to select Vue and Cineworld cinema screens.
The deal bringing the film — which will close the BFI London Film Festival on Oct. 16 — to U.K. cinemas was signed by the streamer and both exhibition giants.
“This is an exciting moment in our relationship with streaming platforms and for the wider ecosystem as a whole,” said Tim Richards, Founder and CEO of Vue International. “Studios have recognized the value of the theatrical window and now we’re seeing Netflix embracing the big-screen theatrical release, too. The Knives Out franchise has a huge following and it’s fantastic that fans of the first movie will be able to experience Glass Onion on our big screens — where all great films deserve to be seen.”
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery is due to be played between Nov. 23-29 at select Vue and Cinemas screens in the U.K., and discussions are ongoing with Vue in Italy and Germany, at The Space and CinemaxX, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen