- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Glee star Harry Shum Jr. has been cast as one of the leads in the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel being directed by Woo-ping Yuen.
The Weinstein Co. is backing the martial arts drama, which began production this week and will shoot in New Zealand and China.
PHOTOS Second Time’s the Charm: 15 of Hollywood’s Most Notable Remakes
Written by John Fusco (The Forbidden Kingdom), the movie is set 20 years after the events of Crouching Tiger and revolves around four heroes of the martial arts world — Silent Wolf, Yu Shu-lien, Tie-Fang and Snow Vase — who must use their courage and skills to keep the legendary sword Green Destiny from the hands of the villainous Hades Dai.
Donnie Yen already is cast as Silent Wolf, and Michelle Yeoh is on board as Yu Shu-lien.
Shum will play Tie-Fang.
Shum (repped by Innovative Artists, Triniti Management, and Stone Meyer) is best known for playing Mike Chang on Fox’s Glee. He recently wrapped filming Revenge of the Green Dragons, an immigrant drama in which he appears alongside Ray Liotta.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day