- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Glenn Close is in final negotiations to join Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie, which is heading for a late June start in London, is part of Marvel’s Phase Two and the only movie that is not a sequel to already established characters such as Thor and Captain America.
Close will play the head of a space police force known as the Nova Corps.
STORY: Zoe Saldana in Talks to Star in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
Her casting continues the eclectic nature of the space adventure’s roll call.
Chris Pratt, best known for his comedy work in Parks and Recreation, is headlining the ensemble as half-alien, half-human Star-Lord.
Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are playing a green-skinned alien assassin and a cosmic energy-blasting superhuman named Drax the Destroyer.
Michael Rooker is playing an alien named Yondu while Lee Pace is the movie’s villain.
Also sitting on an offer to play an newbie agent that acts as a liaison between all the characters is John C. Reilly.
Still yet to be cast are voice talent for Rocket Raccoon, a gun-totting animal, and Groot, a living tree-like being.
Close’s boarding just broadens the character spectrum.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day