- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Avengers: Age of Ultron fans keep assembling.
Disney’s superhero blockbuster added $185 million from 91 territories at the international box office over the weekend, propelling its foreign total to $770.5 million and global cume to $1.142 billion. It currently sits as the eighth-highest grossing film of all time.
The film opened in China this week, collecting $156.3 million in its first six days in the country. This marked the second-biggest weekend ever at the nation’s box office, along with the second-biggest six-day start. China’s biggest-ever opening weekend belongs to Furious 7, which drove off with $93.3 million in its start last month.
In North America, Ultron landed in third place for the weekend with $38.8 million, pushing its domestic tally to $372 million.
Other headlines include becoming the second-biggest Western release ever in such markets as South Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Vietnam.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day