- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scottish filmmaker and actress Marianna Palka, known for her role in Netflix’s Emmy-winning and SAG-nominated female wrestling series Glow, has been tapped to direct Collection.
The Todd Friedman-penned drama is set to begin production late October in Birmingham, Ala., with Warner Davis producing.
Collection tells the story of a grieving father who grapples with the seedy, manipulative world of high-stakes debt collection while struggling to shed the tragedies of his past. In the midst of this, he finds himself pitted against his best friend, his prodigy and his love.
Palka’s previous turn as director was Egg, starring Christina Hendricks and Anna Camp, which premiered at Tribeca in 2018 to solid reviews. Prior to that, she wrote, directed and starred in Bitch (alongside Jason Ritter and Jaime King), which premiered at Sundance in 2017 and was based on a story by R.D. Laing about a mother acting like a dog after a psychotic break. Her feature debut came in 2008 with the well received Good Dick, which debuted in Sundance’s dramatic competition.
Davis, founder of Petri Entertainment, recently produced Camp Cold Brook, starring Danielle Harris, Chad Michael Murray and Courtney Gains.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro