- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
God’s Not Dead director Harold Cronk has released another trailer for his latest film, God Bless the Broken Road, which The Hollywood Reporter is debuting exclusively above.
In the film, a young mother (True Blood and Hatfields and McCoys‘ Lindsay Pulsipher) struggles to hold onto her faith as she raises her daughter (Steve Jobs‘ Makenzie Moss) in the wake of her husband’s death in Afghanistan.
In the preview, her character is heard saying, “I tried putting my faith in God. I don’t understand why he would do that to us. If he wants me, he knows where to find me.”
Meanwhile, her daughter is convinced a mustard seed she planted in Sunday school will grow and she meets one of the men who served alongside her husband (played by Arthur Cartwright), who tells her that her husband’s faith “gave him the courage to do the impossible.”
The cast also includes former NFL star LaDainian Tomlinson, Kim Delaney, Jordin Sparks and Andrew W. Walker.
The movie — produced by Andy Fraser, Dustin Solomon, Edgar Struble, Stephen Afendoulis and Gary Lewis — is set to hit theaters on Sept. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day