- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gareth Edwards is directing the film, which is currently embroiled in a producer dispute. Max Borenstein and Frank Darabont wrote the script.
The logline is being kept under wraps but Heat Vision can tell you to expect plenty of monsters in this creature feature. Oh, and that Cranston will play Johnson’s step-father and Olsen his girlfriend.
The project is heading towards a March production start. Warners, which has a 25 percent stake in the movie, will release the film May 16, 2014.
Cranston is the star of AMC’s critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad but has carved a nice feature career on the side. He is a key player in Oscar frontrunner Argo, played the bad guy in the Total Recall remake and was featured in Rock of Ages.
If a deal makes, Godzilla will be the first studio feature for Olsen, who is best known for her rave work in indies such as Martha Marcy May Marlene. She will next be seen in the remake of Oldboy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day