- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Godzilla Vs. Kong director Adam Wingard has been tapped for the remake of Face/Off.
Wingard will direct the Paramount project from a script he will write with Simon Barrett. (22 Jump Street scribe Oren Uziel wrote a previous draft of the remake.)
John Travolta and Nicolas Cage starred in the 1997 action-thriller from John Woo, which centers on two arch-enemies exchanging each other’s identities (and faces). The story follows FBI agent Sean Archer (Travolta), who is tracking down terrorist Castor Troy (Cage). When Troy boards a plane in Los Angeles that crashes and is severely injured, Archer undergoes surgery to remove his face and replace it with Troy’s in order to go undercover as the criminal. In a twist, Troy then awakes from a coma and forces the doctor who performed the surgery to give him Archer’s face.
Fast and Furious creative Neal Moritz will produce for Paramount, with David Permut serving as executive producer.
Wingard’s previous credits include Death Note, 2016’s Blair Witch and You’re Next.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day