- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gold Circle Entertainment has pre-emptively picked up Eden, a sci-fi spec written by Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also will direct.
The project puts Osunsanmi back in business with the company that made his 2009 alien-abduction thriller The Fourth Kind, which starred Milla Jovovich.
Eden, too, has an alien component to it as it is described as a modern-day science fiction take on the Underground Railroad legend. In the case of Eden, rather than humans enslaving other humans, the plot sees aliens oppressing humanity. The story follows a family on the run, risking their lives to get to a free city via something called the Rail.
Gold Circle’s Paul Brooks will produce with the company’s COO Scott Niemeyer and Guy Danella exec producing.
Osunsanmi is coming off directing Evidence, a crime thriller starring Stephen Moyer and Radha Mitchell that was picked up by Image Entertainment at SXSW this month. Image will release that film later this year.
He’s also had two scripts on the Black List: Fourth Kind and Dark Moon, which was set up Warner Bros.
Osunsanmi is repped by CAA, Caliber Media and attorney Stuart Rosenthal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day