- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“War is now a first person-shooter.” With those words, the trailer for Good Kill lays out its high concept: the ways in which drone warfare redefines combat for the 21st century — and the ways in which it doesn’t.
Ethan Hawke plays the movie’s lead, a fighter pilot who becomes a drone pilot in Las Vegas, struggling both with his home life and his mission. “Is it so bad what you’re doing now? You’re still making people safer, right?” asks his wife at one point in the trailer, even as we see that he’s unsure of the answer. (The movie’s title refers to the question of whether the deaths caused by drone strikes are justified or not.)
The movie is written and directed by Hawke’s Gattaca collaborator Andrew Niccol and also features January Jones, Bruce Greenwood and Zoe Kravitz. Good Kill will be released in the U.S. by IFC, but no release date has been announced as of yet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day