- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Good Universe has pre-emptively picked up Extinction, described as a contained sci-fi thriller written by Spenser Cohen.
David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville are producing.
Plot details are being kept under wraps although insiders have compared it to The Sixth Sense and Cloverfield.
Newly installed Mandeville new senior vp Alexander Young and Spenser’s collaborator Anna Halberg will serve in producing capacities.
Mandeville is in post-production on Muppets Most Wanted, the sequel to The Muppets which is due to open March 21, 2014, and was behind the critically-acclaimed zombie romance movie Warm Bodies, which grossed more than $116 million worldwide.
Extinction marks the second action project Cohen has sold this year. In June, Lakeshore picked up his pitch centered on the U.S. drone program. Last year he sold the action project High Value Target, which he is attached to direct, to Millennium Films.
He is repped by WME, and managed by Brooklyn Weaver at Energy Entertainment and attorney Scott Whitehead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day