- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Austrian filmmakers Veronika Franz and Severin Fiala, the duo behind the creepy and acclaimed German-language psychological thriller Goodnight Mommy, have signed with WME for representation. They have also signed with attorney Karl Austen at Jackoway Tyerman.
Fiala, a filmmaker, and Franz, a former film journalist and casting director, first teamed up when they co-directed and co-wrote the feature documentary Kern. They made their fiction debut with 2014’s Mommy.
Mommy is the movie that centers on twin boys whose mother returns home from surgery with a bandaged face. After a while, the boys begin to suspect that this person may not be their mother after all.
The film has been selected as the official Austrian entry for best foreign language film for next year’s Academy Awards. It has also won numerous awards on the festival circuit. (The movie was released by Radius-TWC in the U.S.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey