- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hip-hop artist 2 Chainz, who released his sixth studio album in November, has signed with APA for representation in all areas.
The artist, whose name is Tauheed Epps, was previously at WME. 2 Chainz’ debut album, Based on a T.R.U. Story, premiered at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum. He has had three albums go platinum, two certified as gold, and snagged six Grammy nominations, winning one for best rap performance.
He has worked with artists ranging from Ludacris and Lil Wayne to Kanye West and Lil Uzi Vert, while his music has since been prominently featured in major films such as The Fate of the Furious, The First Purge, Creed II, and Project Power, giving him pop culture street cred.
Outside of his work as a recording artist, 2 Chainz has business interests in clothing line and is notching a presence in television with his non-scripted series Most Expensivist, which has now aired three seasons on Viceland.
He continues to be managed by Tek Maguire and Allen Parks of of Street Execs Management.
2 Chainz’ boarding with the agency continues APA’s string of nabbing talent, moves that have been surging since Ron Burkle’s Yucaipa Companies made a sizable investment in the agency last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day