- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gravitas Ventures has acquired North American rights to Dave Boyle’s thriller Man from Reno, which will have a limited theatrical release in New York City and Los Angeles on March 27 before going wider April 10. A VOD release is planned for the summer.
The film — which is nominated for the John Cassavetes Award at Film Independent’s Spirit Awards and was named best dramatic feature at last summer’s Los Angeles Film Festival while also picking up prizes at the San Diego Asian Film Festival and the Dallas Asian Film Festival — involves a small-town Latino sheriff, a reclusive Japanese novelist and a mysterious drifter.
It will be the fourth film that Boyle, who directed and co-wrote Reno, has released through Gravitas. The deal was negotiated by Chad Miller, vp filmmaker relations and acquisitions at Gravitas Ventures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day