- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gravitas Ventures has picked up worldwide rights to The Beyond, a sci-fi thriller written and directed by Hasraf “HaZ” Dulull.
The company is eyeing a December release date.
The Beyond marks the directorial debut of Dulull, a VFX wiz who spent 12 months shooting and working on this passion project. The feature film is based loosely around Dulull’s 2014 short film Project Kronos. The story chronicles a (fictional) groundbreaking mission that sends astronauts — modified with advanced robotics — through a newly discovered wormhole known as the Void. (The project was previously titled The Void.)
The Beyond was produced by Dulull’s production shingle HaZ VFX, Scott Glassgold’s Ground Control Entertainment and Sector 99.
Dulull wrote, helmed, edited and handled most of the VFX, with support from the VFX houses with whom he had relationships. Paula Crickard (Calloused Hands, Winter) and Lee Murphy produced with Dulull.
Glassgold and Craig Cohon served as executive producers.
Gravitas’ recent releases include Katie Holmes’ directorial debut, All We Had, and Elian, executive produced by Alex Gibney.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day