- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Australian actor Callan McAuliffe, who plays a teen Gatsby in Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby, has nabbed the starring role in Our Robot Overlords.
Overlords centers on a teen (McAuliffe) who gathers a group of teens together to search for his long lost father in the midst of a war between humans and robots. The teen discovers a way to fight back, and he realizes that there’s more to this war than his own family.
Shooting begins June 3 in Ireland with a reported $21 million budget.
McAuliffe’s American credits include DreamWorks’ I Am Number Four and Warner Bros.’ coming-of-age drama Flipped, and the rising actor recently returned from South Africa, where he filmed Kite with Samuel L. Jackson. He also has the indie Blue Potato in the can.
McAuliffe is repped by CAA, RGM, Alchemy Entertainment and Felker, Toczek and Suddelson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day