- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. will open Baz Luhrmann’s 3D film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel The Great Gatsby on May 10, 2013, a high-profile summer date.
Headlining Leonardo DiCaprio, the movie will begin its international rollout a week later. Great Gatsby also stars Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher and Jason Clarke.
Great Gatsby originally was scheduled to open Christmas 2012 but was pushed back to allow more time for postproduction.
“Audiences have been looking forward to Baz Luhrmann’s film adaptation of one of the most beloved books of all time, and we felt this beautifully extravagant and dramatic film would be a perfect way for us to kick off the summer slate,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman, who announced the release date with Warner Bros. president of international distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg.
Lurhmann co-wrote the adapted script with frequent collaborator Craig Pearce. He also is a producer alongside Catherine Martin, Lucy Fisher, Douglas Wick and Catherine Knapman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jon M. Chu