- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One thing is for certain about Baz Luhrmann‘s upcoming big screen adaptation of The Great Gatsby: it won’t be boring.
A new trailer for the big budget projection of the literary masterwork offers up an explosion of color, glitz, jewels, passion and luster the likes of which F. Scott Fitzgerald could have only dreamed. Playing up the extravagance that is at the center of the story’s title character, played by an intensely grandiose Leonardo DiCaprio, the sneak peak at the summer film teases romance (with Carey Mulligan), vengeance (enter Joel Edgerton) and wonder (that’s you, Tobey Maguire) — and most notably — three giant tracks that raise the splendor ever higher.
PHOTOS: New ‘The Great Gatsby’ Character Posters
They’re just snippets, but even quick cuts of Beyonce and Andre 3000‘s cover of the late Amy Winehouse‘s milestone song “Back to Black,” Lana Del Rey‘s appropriately titled “Young & Beautiful” and Florence + The Machine’s “Over the Love” set the scene for an epic film that will reach the sky before its inevitable, pre-written crash.
Set for a May 10 release and a run at Cannes, the time for the timeless Gatsby is fast approaching. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the shimmering gaudiness of a re-imagined past.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day