- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hugh Jackman puts “together a show” of unique individuals in the first trailer for Fox’s upcoming musical, The Greatest Showman.
In the film, Jackman plays P.T. Barnum, who goes from down-and-out and unemployed to inspired to create a circus spectacle, which becomes the famous traveling Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
He recruits characters played by Zac Efron, Zendaya and others to join his attraction, in which, Jackman’s Barnum proclaims, “Every one of us is special. And nobody is like anybody else.”
The original musical about the birth of show business, directed by Michael Gracey with a script by Jenny Bicks and Bill Condon, also stars Michelle Williams and Rebecca Ferguson. It is set to hit theaters Christmas Day.
Peter Chernin, Laurence Mark and Jenno Topping are producing. The Oscar-winning songwriting team of Justin Paul and Benj Pasek (La La Land, Tony-winner Dear Evan Hansen) wrote original songs for the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day