- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Greek producers Konstantinos Kontovrakis and Giorgos Karnavas, whose credits include Wasted Youth, The Harvesters and Son of Sofia, are the winners of this year’s Eurimages Co-Production Award.
Kontovrakis and Karnavas first came together on the sleeper success Wasted Youth, from directors Argyris Papadimitropoulos and Jan Vogel, which opened the 2011 Rotterdam film festival and went on to become a cross-over arthouse hit.
The pair founded Athens-based production company Heretic, whose credits include Elina Psykou’s Son of Sofia, which premiered in Tribeca last year, and Etienne Kallos’ South African drama The Harvesters, which bowed in Cannes’ Un Certain Regard section this year. The two also run Heretic Outreach, Heretic’s international sales arm.
The Co-Production Award, handed out by European film subsidy group Eurimages, honors outstanding achievement in film production across European borders.
The award will be presented at the 2018 European Film Awards in Seville, Spain, on Dec. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day