- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Grindstone Entertainment has picked up all North American rights to The Mooring, the directorial debut of veteran actor Glenn Withrow (The Outsiders) from sales group The Yellow Affair. Lionsgate Home Entertainment, which has a distribution deal with Grindstone, will release the thriller in the U.S. and Canada.
Withrow co-wrote the screenplay for The Mooring with actress Hallie Todd (Jo McGuire on Disney’s Lizzie McGuire) and producer Ivy Withrow. Todd also stars.
The film pits a brutal killer – played by Thomas Wilson Brown – against a group of teenage girls moored on a houseboat on the St. Joe’s river in Idaho. Co-producer of the film is Penelope L. Foster for In House Media Film Partners.
The North American deal for The Mooring was negotiated by Stan Wertlieb of Grindstone Entertainment and Miira Paasilinna of The Yellow Affair.
Earlier this month, Lionsgate renewed its film slate deal with Grindstone and Emmett/Furla Films for another 10 movies, starting with the crime thriller Empire State, which stars Dwayne Johnson, Liam Hemsworth and Emma Roberts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day