- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fight night will be Nov. 15.
That is the date Warner Bros. has set for the release of Grudge Match, its boxing comedy starring noted screen pugilists Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro.
Peter Segal (Get Smart) is directing the pic, which is in production.
The film revolves around two boxers (Stallone and De Niro) who, 50 years after their last fight, are coaxed out of retirement for one final match. Both famously earned best actor Oscar noms playing boxers in films produced by Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff: Stallone in 1976’s Rocky and De Niro in 1980’s Raging Bull. (De Niro won in the category, while Stallone won for best original screenplay).
Also in the Grudge Match cast are Kevin Hart, Alan Arkin and Kim Basinger.
The only competition on the Nov. 15 is The Fifth Estate, DreamWorks’ movie centering on Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. The movie began production this week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day