- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Guardians of the Galaxy are back.
Marvel Studios has unveiled a nearly 90-second sneak peek at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which shows Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel) back in action.
There’s plenty to unpack — like Star-Lord being a little love sick over Gamora and Drax comforting him with a hug he didn’t want, or how awesome it is that Rocket and Yondu (Michael Rooker) are teaming up.
Director James Gunn tweeted that this is not the trailer for the film.
“To make it clear: the sneak peek just released is NOT a teaser-for-the-trailer; it’s a totally separate piece from the eventual trailer(s),” he wrote on Twitter.
This time around in the Marvel Studios film, the Guardians will go searching for Star-Lord’s father Ego (Kurt Russell) while trying to keep their new family together.
Other stars returning to the franchise include Yondu’s right hand man Kraglin (Sean Gunn) and Karen Gillan as Nebula. Newcomers to the galaxy are Mantis (Pom Klementieff) and Ayesha (Elizabeth Debicki).
The footage came shortly after Marvel unveiled the first poster for the film.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, will hit theaters May 5, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day